How do you build more muscle? The best time to build more muscles is actually during winter. As the winter season approaches, you can shift your muscle building regime. If you have been focusing on fat loss, it’s time to move on to muscle building. You’ll be wearing layers of clothing during winter, anyway, so there is no need to concern yourself about how you look in a shirt or a bikini. If you have a smaller physique, the winter time apparel can cover you up. How will your muscle building program work?
Give yourself 4 to 6 months to build quality mass of muscles and add 2 to 3 months more to lose the fat that you’ve gained along the way. When the next summer season comes, you’ll have a buff and lean body to show off. Here is a short list of valuable tips to build more muscle.
- Choose an appropriate plan and adhere to it. Most people make the mistake of halting their exercise plan after realizing that it doesn’t produce any results in 1 or 2 weeks. You actually need to monitor your progress and understand that your muscle building program wouldn’t normally show any effects until the 4th to 6th week of working out. Jumping ship at the initial stages of your program results to a waste of time and effort because you need to readjust your exercises again. You’ll get too far to the mass developing stage of building your muscles.
- Mix dry oats to your muscle building shake. Good if you’re doing well on your calorie intake, otherwise you’ll have to look for more means to gain weight and bump up. One easy way to make your muscle building shake more effective for weight gain is to mix ¼ cup of raw oats to your shake. The consistency of the shake will be altered, but you can grind the oats so that you’ll hardly notice them on your beverage. It will give a thicker taste to your shake. Instead of fruits, oats contain carbs that works better to restore glycogen in your muscles which is very important in building muscle mass.
Do you Like Us?
- Take time for rest for muscle recovery. Stay out of the gym for an ample time. Don’t spend all of your time in the gym because doing so will break down your muscle tissues. The culprit for this is too much weight lifting. Take some time out of the gym to allow your muscles to repair. When your muscles have recovered, they build back as stronger muscles. Continually pounding your muscles while weight lifting without allowing time for recuperation will make you grow weaker.
- Relieve and manage your stress. You may be so focused on what you’re doing at the gym and the kitchen that you’re constantly 100% on. Be wary that you could be such a perfectionist that it causes you high levels of stress. Consider that stress can work against your muscle building program. Being under too much stress causes the release of certain hormones that can break down your muscle.
- Ask for the guidance of a coach or mentor, but be aware of the workings of your own body. If you’re really serious about building your muscles, you can look for a coach or mentor. A coach or a mentor is well-knowledgeable about your endeavor, plus they boost your motivation, too. But while you have a mentor with a physique that you covet. Understand that you can work to have the same muscled body, but remember that you have a different metabolic rate and recovery mechanism. Your nutritional needs and habits are different from your mentor’s. Heed the coaching of your mentor and use their techniques as a guide, but you have to adjust your program according to your own individual needs and the responses of your body.
Good luck on your muscle building endeavor. These 5 valuable tips on how to build more muscle can help you achieve your physique and fitness goals.