Children Learning Reading is an online program that uses a proven formula to teach children how to read to their level and beyond. It’s used by over 78,000 parents who wanted to provide their child with the foundation needed for reading success. And the secret is simple; the regime focuses on the 44 sounds of the English language instead of using sight words. This is absolutely imperative because there are over 170,000 different words in the English language. The traditional teaching method focuses on children memorizing word shapes to determine the word. This sounds easy enough until you realize that there are many similar word shapes with entirely different sounds, such as bat, lab, lot, but, and hot. As you can see, this method is extremely confusing and creates a reading foundation that does not work with the English language. But with Children Learning Reading, your child isn’t memorizing words and word shapes. They are learning the English sounds so they can read with confidence.
Do you Like Us?
- 1 What is Children Learning Reading?
- 2 Who Created Children Learning Reading?
- 3 What You’ll Learn in Children Learning Reading
- 3.1 Stage 1: Phonics Foundations
- 3.2 Stage 2: Advanced Phonics Manual
- 4 Our Verdict
What is Children Learning Reading?
There are 44 sounds in the English language. There are over 170,000 words in the English language. It only makes sense to have children memorize the 44 sounds instead of the words. However, the traditional method for teaching children how to read is all about memorizing words and word shapes. This method is proven to be ineffective. Studies show that approximately 67% of grade 4 students in the United States are not reading at a proficient level, 45% of Canadians are semi-illiterate; 42% of children in the UK leave school before obtaining a basic level of functional English and 33% of grade 5 students in Australian do not meet the benchmark literacy skills.
Children Learning Reading forgoes the traditional method that clearly isn’t working. It’s an online program that teaches children how to reach using a proven formula that first teaches children the sounds of the English language. To put it into perspective, instead of confusing a child with similar-shaped words that sound different, such as lab and but, this program would teach them the phonics of the word. And just like that, reading can be easy – and it can be easy for parents to teach and easy for children to retain.
But it is much more than just teaching the 44 sounds of the English language. The program, as a whole, follows a five-step process, which is:
- Step 1 Manual: Phonics Foundations
- Step 2 Manual: Advanced Phonics Manual
- Step 3: Fun To Read Lesson Stories
- Step 4: Phonics Sounds – Letter Sound MP3 Audios
- Step 5: Common Sight Words and Children’s Rhymes Book
Once the foundation is created, your child can work their way through the step-by-step guides to continue their reading skills. The guides also come with printable lesson plans for parents and teachers, audio files, games, activities and much more to make reading easy and fun.
The entire system is digital as well, meaning you receive immediate access and can start improving your child’s reading skills as early as today. You just access the lessons online or download them right onto your smartphone, tablet, laptop of household computer. This ensures your child can continue with their reading whenever and wherever they go, whether it’s to a day care, after school care, grandma’s, their bedroom, on vacation – you name it. And as a parent, you already have to lug around a ton of things, so this is one less thing you have to worry about.
Now, the method in Children Learning Reading is proven to work and used by over 78,000 happy parents but you can try it out for yourself, risk-free for two months with the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee. This is ample time to see the power behind this new teaching method.
Who Created Children Learning Reading?
Veteran reading teacher, Jim Yang, is the author of Children Learning Reading. He is a father to three children and has built a successful career being a professional reading teacher. He helps children of all ages and has helped thousands of children learn how to read with confidence so they can achieve their full potential.
What You’ll Learn in Children Learning Reading
Children Learning Reading is a comprehensive online program that teaches you how to implement a new method that is proven to help children read successfully. It comes with a ton of valuable information and step-y-step instructions for teaching this method to children. It even includes lesson plans, printable worksheets, activities, games, and more to make the process stress-free for both the children and whoever is teaching them how to read. The process is really easy and follows a five-step process that is already laid out for you and the child.
Take a look for yourself. Here’s a sneak peek at the different parts of the program:
Stage 1: Phonics Foundations
28 Reading Step-By-Step Reading Lessons
- Phonemic Awareness
- What is Phonemic Awareness?
- The Research Behind Phonemic Awareness
- The Importance of Blending
- Phonemic Awareness Development in Different Age Groups
- A Quick Note About Struggling Readers
- Developing Early Phonemic Awareness
- Smooth Blending and Choppy Blending
- The Importance of Repeated Practice and Exposure
- Systematic Synthetic Phonics
- What is Synthetic Phonics?
- Why Synthetic Phonics?
- About Synthetic Phonics and this Program
- About Sight Words
- Letter Names and Letter Sounds
- Synthetic Phonics and The Complexities of English
- What Reading Does for the Mind
- The Matthew Effect in Reading
- Reading and Vocabulary Growth
- The Importance of Home Support for Literacy Development in Children
- Reading Comprehension
- Decoding and Word Recognition
- The Necessity of Continued Sounding Out and Blending Practices
- Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension
- The First Steps
- How Much Time Should We Spend on Lessons?
- What if My Child Already Knows All the Letters and Sounds?
- The Importance of Learning and Teaching the Proper Sounds
- About Struggling Readers
- Voiced and Unvoiced Sound Pairs
- Doing Stretchy Bends and Troubleshooting Various Blending Problems
- Teaching Capital and Lowercase Letters
- Getting Your Child to Cooperate
- My Best Advice: Setup a Regular Daily Routine and Schedule
- Talk To Your Child, At the SAME Level
- Simple Tips and Ideas for Motivation
- How to Teach Reading and Present Lessons
- Reading Left to Right
- Teaching Letters and Letter Sounds
- Always Point to Where You Are Reading
- Point and Swipe
- Font Used – Verdana
Stage 2: Advanced Phonics Manual
Topics + 22 Step-By-Step Reading Lessons
- Teaching Digraphs and Diphthongs
- Oh, The Complexities
- Guided Reading and Books
- The Schwa
- Synthetic Phonics and The Complexities of English
- Point and Swipe
In addition to this, you also receive:
- Lesson Printouts for Stage 1
- Lesson Printouts for Stage 2
- Reading Bingo Game Printouts
- Fun to Read Lesson Stories
- Phonetic Sounds – Letter Sound MP3 Audios
- Common Sight Words and Children’s Rhymes Book
Children Learning Reading makes reading fun – for children and the people teaching it. It follows a simple 5-step process that can be used to teach children of all ages and reading levels, as it starts with the basics and gradually progresses to continuously improve their reading. It even comes with activities, games, lesson plans, and a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, so you can try it out for yourself (and your kids) risk-free for two months. You’ll be amazed.